Austin, Texas is one of the nation’s fastest growing cities, and over the years has become a major tech hub and professional sports destination, furthering the enhancement of its culture and diversity. With this growth, the opportunity to support the city’s diverse population has become more apparent. Austin FC and Q2 are envisioning a Central Texas community where everyone has the opportunity and access to the resources they need to thrive.
Together, Austin FC + Q2 are teaming up to support local nonprofits dedicated to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in Central Texas. As part of the annual program, Austin FC and Q2 will award three (3) separate $50,000 grants to three (3) nonprofit organizations that focus on the advancement of underrepresented communities, through the following impact areas: Education, Job Skills & Readiness, and Health & Wellness.
- Nonprofit organizations must be committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the Central Texas Community
- Program/project must fall within one or more of the following impact areas: (1) Education, (2) Job Skills & Readiness, (3) Health & Wellness
- Program/project must be in the Central Texas community
- Request must come from nonprofit organizations (no funding to individuals)
- Requested funds must be used to implement a project. Capacity grants are not awarded by Austin FC and Q2 Q-mmunity Gives.
- Nonprofit organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501© (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and not a private foundation as defined in section 509(a) of that code. Nonprofit organization must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Texas Franchise Tax Board and the Texas Secretary of State.
*Nonprofit organizations who are awarded a 2022 Austin FC and Q2 Q-mmunity Gives grant will be ineligible to apply for the Q-mmunity Gives grant for two (2) consecutive years, following the year it was awarded. Nonprofit organizations who apply but are not awarded a Q-mmunity Gives grant may apply again the following year.
- Political, legislative, lobbying or religious organizations
- Sports, athletic events or athletic programs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, video or television programs
- Memorial campaigns
- Individual schools, including charter schools, pre-schools, elementary, middle or high schools (public or private)
- Organizations that do not have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code, or the equivalent
- Nonprofit organizations that do not have programs or projects in the Central Texas community
Grant applications are accepted between Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 12am CST and Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 11:59pm CST. All entries will be accepted and reviewed by the Austin FC and Q2 Q-mmunity Gives Grant Committee on the following schedule:
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022 – Application open
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022 – Application closed
- Wednesday, October 26, 2022, through Friday, November 18, 2022 – Applications reviewed
- Monday, November 21, 2022 – Communication to the three (3) grant recipients
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022 – Recipients’ Breakfast from 8am-11am
If your nonprofit organization is selected for a grant, please be prepared to:
- Attend a Recipients’ Breakfast Event on Monday, December 5 in the Q2 Field Club at Q2 Stadium, with two (2) to five (5) representatives from your organization
- Supply contact information of a spokesperson for potential media coverage once recipients are publicly announced, as well as any social media channel information
In an effort to encourage other eligible nonprofit organizations to participate in this process, continue to support Q-mmunity Gives grant recipients and understand the impact of each grant, we require the following be submitted to Austin FC on or before September 1, 2023:
- Organizational impact report
- Q-mmunity Gives Recipient Questionnaire (to be provided by Austin FC)
- Approved images showing the grant’s impact