Austin is one of the nation’s fastest growing cities and a major tech hub. With this growth, there is an opportunity to create greater diversity amongst the community. Austin FC and Q2 envision a Central Texas community where everyone has the opportunity and access to the resources they need to thrive.
Together, Austin FC and Q2 are teaming up to invest in ways to promote diversity and inclusion in our communities. Through Q-mmunity Gives, Austin FC and Q2 award grants to nonprofit organizations that promote equity and inclusion in the Central Texas community. Annual grants will be awarded to three organizations dedicated to supporting the advancement of underrepresented communities in the following impact areas: Education, Job Skills & Readiness, and Health & Wellness.
In the 2021 Q-mmunity Gives cycle, Austin FC and Q2 will award three (3) $50,000 grants to three (3) deserving organizations.
- Organizations must be committed to promoting equity and inclusion in the Central Texas Community.
- Program/project must fall within one or more of the following impact areas: Education, Job Skills & Readiness, Health & Wellness.
- Program/project must be in the Central Texas community.
- Request must come from an organization (no funding will be made to individuals).
- Requested funds must be used to implement a project. Capacity grants are not awarded by Q2 + Austin FC Q-mmunity Gives.
- The organization must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501© (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and is not a private foundation as defined in section 509(a) of that Code. The organization must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Texas Franchise Tax Board and the Texas Secretary of State.
Note: Organizations who are awarded a 2021 Q2 + Austin FC Q-mmunity Gives grant will be ineligible to apply for a grant for two (2) years. Organizations who apply but are not awarded a grant may apply again next year.
The following organizations are not eligible for funding:
- Political, legislative, lobbying or organizations
- Religious organizations
- Sports, athletic events, or athletic programs
- Travel-related events, including student trips or tours
- Development or production of books, films, videos, or television programs
- Memorial campaigns
- Individual schools, including charter schools, pre-schools, elementary schools, middle schools or high schools (public or private)
- Organizations that do not have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Code, or the equivalent
- Organizations that do not have programs or projects in the Central Texas community.
Grant applications are accepted between October 22nd and November 10th and will be reviewed by the Q2 + Austin FC Q-mmunity Gives Grant Committee on the following schedule:
- Friday, October 22nd – Application is open
- Wednesday, November 10th – Application is closed
- Wednesday, December 15th – Winners are announced
Grant recipients will be required to submit a brief grant impact report by September 1, 2022.