Austin FC Academy is very familiar with the Central Texas soccer community and regularly scouts talented players from the area. At the same time, Austin FC Academy presents an opportunity to scout and attract elite youth soccer players from around the country to live in Austin and play for Austin FC. Our Club is ambitious, and to meet our ambitious goals of consistently developing professional soccer players, we will recruit elite level players into our system. Integrating elite talent from various cultures and backgrounds will facilitate the holistic and sporting development of each player within Austin FC Academy. We aim to be highly selective and professional when recruiting out-of-market players and will do so on a limited basis.
Scouting and attracting elite youth players from outside of Austin requires a homestay program where local families host an Austin FC Academy player, accommodate his everyday needs, and facilitate his participation in the Austin FC Academy. Austin FC Academy staff have developed a diligent application and review process for potential host families and players in order to match players with safe, caring and healthy family environments.
Sharing your home with an Austin FC player will provide a unique and enriching opportunity for your entire family!
- You will play an integral role in supporting Austin FC’s player development pathway and the holistic and sporting development of individual players.
- Austin FC Academy players come from all over the country, with diverse backgrounds and culture which will provide host family members the opportunity to interact with unique backgrounds and cultures.
- Deepen your connection with Austin FC and gain a new perspective on soccer, as seen through the eyes of an elite player.
- You will have an opportunity to build a relationship with, and offer support to, a dedicated young athlete as he works to achieve his goals.
- Assistance with meal planning and preparation, medical care, communicating with immediate family and other daily tasks
- Supervision of the individual’s safety
- Assistance with participation in community activities
More specifically, Austin FC expects host families to provide:
- A quiet and engaging study environment
- Transportation to and from Austin FC Academy functions
- Internet and television access as appropriate
- Laundry access
- Assistance with the player’s Academy and personal growth process
- A safe family environment
|June-July||Player and host family matching period|
|July-August||Player and host family selection period; Player moves in with host family, Academy season begins in August|
|December||First half of Academy season concludes|
|December-January||MLS Academy holiday break|
|January||Second half of MLS Academy season begins|
|June-July||Second half of MLS Academy concludes|