If you’re interested in becoming part of the Q2 Stadium experience for Austin FC’s inaugural season, know that the Club is hiring.
The process is now underway for Austin FC to bring in a range of Guest Services and Event Services positions, with about 250 part-time positions currently being hired. The team will be in place to work the Club’s 17 home MLS matches in 2021, starting with its June 19 debut against the San Jose Earthquakes, as well as any playoff matches the Club might host, and additional events including concerts and non-Austin FC sporting events.
In addition to the several hundred part-time roles that Austin FC will be directly responsible for hiring, various third-party contractors will also hire part-time roles such as food service, housekeeping, and security positions.
Applications are being accepted via TeamWork Online for Event Services positions covering a range of responsibilities to set the stage for matches and other Q2 stadium events, including:
- Assisting with set up, tear down, and conversions for all Q2 Stadium events.
- Assisting with general stadium organization including proper management of stadium storage spaces, stocking and inventory.
- Assisting with loading dock operations, handling and properly logging shipping and receiving processes.
- Executing proper set-up at all patron and staff entry gates including walk-through metal detectors, crowd control equipment, signage and other related tasks.
- Executing installation and removal of field-level LED board system including maintaining inventory and attic stock of parts.
- Completing pressure washing, backpack blowing, trash and recycling removal other essential maintenance tasks.
The Events Services duties also extend to assisting Facilities and Grounds at St. David’s Performance Center, the Club’s soon-to-be-opened training facility, as needed.
The Guest Services roles include:
- Ushers, who will work to create a sense of community in Q2 Stadium, being responsible for the seating and safety of all patrons.
- Ticket Takers, who will greet and direct guests as they enter Q2 Stadium, responsible for scanning tickets, resolving issues, and demonstrating knowledge of Q2 stadium so they can properly direct guests.
- Ambassadors, defined in the job description as “customer service specialists and problem solvers,” positioned throughout Q2 Stadium.
- Premium Attendants, working in all clubs and suites in Q2 Stadium
- Elevator Attendants, who will be primarily responsible for controlling the flow of elevator traffic and transporting guests to the appropriate levels.
- Wheelchair Runners, helping provide an inclusive experience by transporting guests in need of assistance to their seats throughout Q2 Stadium.
Since many of the positions will require extensive knowledge of Q2 Stadium’s layout and features, training sessions prior to the June 19 home opening match (and potentially other ‘test’ events prior to June 19), will include scavenger-hunt style events so employees can get to know the stadium well.
Interested applicants will ideally have availability for the great majority of the 2021 matches and beyond; the process aims to identify Guest Services and Event Services personnel who will return for 2022 and beyond.