Adolescence is a critical time of growth that sets the stage for adulthood. But in Austin, opportunities for teens to learn and grow can be limited by family resources.
We want all students to have the skills and community of support they need to find personal and academic success in the 21st Century.
- Afterschool Training. Verde Leaders runs free on-site, after-school training sessions twice a week. Students develop soccer skills and critical SEL skills like communication and conflict resolution.
- Youth Leadership. Starting in middle school, youth leaders learn leadership skills, such as self-confidence and self-regulation. In high school, they can join our Youth Leadership Council and put their learned skills to work by giving back to the community.
- Community Days. On weekends, Verde Leaders brings together students from across Central Texas to participate in educational field trips, family potlucks, scrimmages, and clinics right in their own neighborhoods.
- Burnet Middle School presented by DLA Piper and Solarwinds
- Dobie Middle School
- Webb Middle School
- Paredes Middle School
- Gus Garcia Young Men's Leadership Academy